Importing to Outlook
This article applies to the Email builder in all BEE Pro plans.
Do you need to send the email you designed in BEE using Microsoft Outlook? Here's everything you need to know in order to accomplish this.
- Note that this tutorial is intended for BEE Pro users. Your images must be hosted through BEE Pro or an external service provider in order to use this workflow.
- This workflow applies to desktop Outlook clients on Windows only. The necessary option to accomplish this is not available on Outlook for Mac. (If this is frustrating for you, we encourage you to let Microsoft know.)
- This tutorial is based on a Microsoft Community post.
If you'd prefer to see a visual example of how this works, you can start with our video tutorial:
Before you start, you need to enable the "Insert as Text" Attachment option for your Outlook application. You can do so by following the steps below:
- Navigate to File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar
- Set the "Choose Commands From" dropdown list to "All Commands"
- Navigate to "Attach File" and click “Add”
- Click "OK" to confirm.
Once the correct option has been enabled within your Outlook application, you can import the HTML file by performing the steps below:
- Open a new composition window.
- Click the "Attach File" option now found on the top ribbon of the compose window.
- Select your HTML file.
- Choose insert as text.
You're all set to send your email through Outlook! Keep in mind that using Outlook as a sending platform may impact the functionality of your design in other email clients.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.