October 2021: HTML for Email 3.0
We are happy to announce the release of BEE HTML for Email 3.0!
This latest build offers several improvements over the previous version, including:
- Faster design rendering
- Reduced output file size
- Simpler, cleaner HTML output
- Wider email client compatibility, including reduced Gmail clipping
As of the date of publishing, this release is ongoing and may not have reached your BEE Pro account yet. We are making this available to small groups of BEE Pro customers at a time. The BEE Free editor was updated to BEE HTML for Email 3.0 on August 30th, 2021.
About the BEE HTML for Email
HTML File Compression
Our average exported HTML data footprint content has considerably decreased over the previous builds. We've based these findings on extensive testing of over 600 designs.
Summary of Key Improvements:
- Faster loading and rendering
- Reduced mobile clipping
- Reduced bandwidth consumption
Improved HTML Rendering
Migration from <div> to <table> formatted codebase
Most Content Blocks have been re-coded for conciseness
Final HTML code is now compressed to remove whitespace between tags
- Transparent dividers are now automatically converted into padding
HTML for Email 3.0 includes some minor bug fixes. Many of these bug fixes addressed minor rendering inconsistencies across different versions of Outlook. Some of the most noticeable bug fixes include:
- Enhanced in-editor email preview
- Better icon text alignment on mobile devices
- Improved pasted text behavior (particularly when content includes linebreaks)
- Improved button rendering in dark mode (Outlook only)
If you're interested in learning more about the previous version of BEE's HTML for emails, you can learn more in our article HTML for Email 2.0.