Multi-user support and management in BEE Pro
Table of Contents:
Multi-user functionality in BEE Pro is changing and improving, so the Manage Users page in your BEE Pro account received a facelift to allow owners more control over their BEE Pro team. With the new page, you still have all of the same original functionality, such as:
- Invite a new user to join your BEE Pro account
- Manage the roles and permissions of your additional users
- Revoke access to users who no longer are working in your account
You’ll notice a couple of new features as well, such as:
- Re-send account invitations
- Manage brand access (previously only available in brand settings)
- Easily update the email address associated with your additional users
In order to use the updated Manage users page, you’ll need to understand the nomenclature used in the new dashboard.
- Users available are open workspaces that can be assigned to an additional user.
- Users assigned are the current users that have access to the account. You will always see at least 1 user (yourself) assigned in any given BEE Pro account.
- Total users is the cumulative total of available and assigned users. This reflects the number of users that you are being billed for in your subscription.
Some important things to keep in mind:
- You only have access to the Manage Users page if you are an account owner
- Effective November 4th, 2020, only Agency and Team subscriptions can have additional users.
It’s important to keep in mind that the price restructuring played a big part in inspiring this update, but that’s not the only reason for this change. If you’re wondering why we’re making these changes, here are some of the primary reasons:
- Your feedback indicated that the nomenclature we were using for the different BEE Pro subscriptions was confusing. We understand; soon, Team and Agency plans will include additional users as part of the base subscription fee. This meant we needed to change our approach for additional users from both a billing and UI perspective.
- Simplifies billing by reducing the number of invoices you receive. Billing modals will now reflect any applicable proration or discount applied to your account.
- Address pain points, by allowing account owners more administrative power over the additional users that have access to their account.
At the heart of this update is one fundamental difference regarding additional users in BEE Pro, and this impacts how you purchase additional users. Previously, your additional user purchase was associated with a specific email address that is provided access to the account. The purchase is no longer associated with one specific user; instead, you can think of this purchase as a reservation in your workspace for any additional user you might need. This “available user” that you purchase can be assigned to any colleague or collaborator that you need to share your work with.
Purchasing a new user
In order to invite a new user to your account, you need to have at least 1 user available in your BEE Pro account. If you currently have 0 available, you’ll need to start by purchasing a new user.
Click Expand your team in the upper right-hand corner.
This will open a modal where you can select how many available users you would like to add. You’ll also be able to see a comparison between your current subscription rate and the new one (if you proceed with the purchase of additional users). Finally, you’ll also see the amount that you would need to pay today in order to proceed.
Select the number of users that you want to add and then use the Purchase button when you’re ready to proceed. If the purchase is successful, you’ll receive the following confirmation message that prompts you to invite your new user(s).
You can click the Assign user button, and you’ll be immediately directed to a page where you can invite a new user. If you’re not ready to invite your new user (perhaps you’re waiting on confirmation for which email address to use), you can use the Cancel button.
Assigning users starts with the invitation. If you’re following along with the tutorial, you may have selected the Assign user button already. This redirects you to the following page:
Fill out this form in order to send an invitation to your new user. If there are any issues with the information entered to the form fields, you will not be able to interact with the Invite button.
If you have more than 1 available user in your account, you can use the Invite & assign next button to immediately send a second invitation. If you only have a single available user in your account, you’ll only see the Invite button.
If you didn’t immediately invite someone after purchasing additional users for your account, you can still initiate an invitation at any time from the Manage users page. You can click anywhere within this box in order to be directed to the invitation form.
Did your new team member not receive their account invitation? Not to worry, now you can re-send the invitation with the click of a button for any pending invitations.
You can identify any outstanding user invitations in your account by looking at the “Last login date”. Any users that have yet to accept the invitation will not have any login history to show, and you’ll also see the yellow warning icon to let you know that they have never accessed the account.
If you need to cancel an outstanding user invitation, you can use the red icon on the far right side of the user info box to do so.
Upon clicking this icon, a warning message will appear asking you to confirm this action.
If you click Ok on this window, the invitation URL sent to the email address will become invalid so that they are not able to gain access to the account. The manage users page will then reload, and you’ll have another section reflecting an available user that you can use to send another invitation to someone else.
Access & permissions
Once your teammate has accepted their invitation to become an additional user on your account, the options for the listed user will change. If you click anywhere in the box reflecting their status as a user, you’ll be redirected to the same form that you used to invite the user. The user now has control over their name and email address, so you will not be able to alter these fields. However, you can use this page to change the role assigned to that user as well as make updates to which brands the user has access to.
If the additional user needs to make changes to their name or the log-in email address that they use, they can do this through the My profile page when logged in using their own BEE Pro credentials.
Revoking a User’s Access
If you need to remove an additional user from your account, you can do this at any time by using the red icon that populates when you hover over the user details.
Upon clicking on this icon, a warning message will appear asking you to confirm the action.
If you click the Revoke access button, the Manage users page will reload, and you’ll have a new available user, and one less occupied user listed in your dashboard. You can use the available user to invite someone new immediately.
Removing Available Users
If you are looking to reduce the number of available users in your account, you can do this by using the Remove user icon. This icon is only available on available users - as a result, you may need to revoke a user’s access before seeing this option.
Note that the remove user icon will never populate on the owner’s details, or any of the available users that are included with the base subscription fee.
Upon clicking the Remove user icon, a modal will open that allows you to preview the changes that this would make to your subscription fee.
If there are multiple available users in your account when you use this option, you’ll have the option to remove them all at the same time. The modal will let you know the maximum number of users that you can remove at any given time. You’ll also be able to preview the changes to your subscription should you choose to remove the additional user(s).
The Team plan starts at $30 a month ($300 if billed annually). This includes two total users, so you will have one available user upon purchasing the Team plan. You can purchase more additional users for your account by using the Expand your team button. Each additional user beyond the first two will cost $15 when billed monthly, or $150 if billed annually.
The Agency plan starts at $120 a month ($1200 if billed annually). This includes four total users, so you will have three available users upon purchasing the Agency plan. You can purchase more additional users for your account by using the Expand your team button. Each additional user beyond the first five will cost $30 when billed monthly, or $300 if billed annually.
Other important details
- When purchasing additional users for your account, you will be charged a prorated amount based on where you are in your current billing period.
- If you remove an additional user from your account, any removed users will remain available until the end of the current billing cycle, leaving the available user in a state of "pending cancellation".
- If an available user is in a "pending cancellation" state, you can still use to invite a new team member. Any active users in a pending cancellation state will automatically have their access revoked at the end of the billing period.
We hope that you’re able to take full advantage of all the benefits found in the updated Manage users feature. If you have any questions, feedback, or concerns, we would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment on this article or open a ticket with our support team through the Help widget in your BEE Pro account in order to start a conversation.