Exporting to Campaign Monitor
BEE Pro becomes Beefree
We're still the same design suite you know and love, just with a new name. Our team is working hard to update our documentation, but you might still see some information or screenshots that are out of date.
This article applies to the Email builder in all plans.
Due to Campaign Monitor's API limits, you may experience rendering issues in Outlook when using our connector. If you are concerned about this, please import your Beefree email manually using the HTML ZIP. Disable the option titled, “Move my CSS inline” during the import phase in Campaign Monitor.
Setting up a connector does not sync your designs with external services. If you update a design after exporting it, you must re-export to see the updates. The export file will populate as a new design inside your ESP.
Level Up your Emails in Campaign Monitor
Would you like to connect your Campaign Monitor account to Beefree? It's quick and easy, and you can choose to connect the two applications in one of the following ways:
- Connect Beefree to your Campaign Monitor account before you start designing (from Workspace Settings)
- Connect the first time you need to send a specific template to Campaign Monitor (from Export)
Follow the steps below or watch this video tutorial:
1. Connect from Workspace Settings
Go to Settings > Connectors.
Click the Connect button for Campaign Monitor.
Log into your Campaign Monitor account.
And allow permissions to access your account.
You must be an Administrator for your Campaign Monitor account to set up the connector.
2. Connect from Export
When your email is ready, click on the Export button found on the Email Details page. This option is also available from the actions menu for your email.
Then click on Push to your sending system.
A new window will display with a list of available connectors. Select Campaign Monitor and follow the steps to log-in and connect it.
Beefree will confirm that the email is successfully exported. Shortly after, you will see it appear in your Campaign Monitor account.
To locate your email in Campaign Monitor, start from the Overview page. Click Create a new campaign and pick your design from My templates section.
Any doubts? Read our blog post!
Campaign Monitor requires the <unsubscribe>Unsubscribe</unsubscribe> syntax to be part of your email template. If this is not included, you will receive an error message when you try to export it. To add this syntax to your Beefree email, follow these steps:
- Locate the area where you want to have the unsubscribe link
- Add a text block, if one is not already there
- Position the cursor in that text block, in the location where you want the unsubscribe link
- Click on Merge tags and select Unsubscribe (Campaign Monitor) to insert it:
If you do not see Unsubscribe (Campaign Monitor) in the list of available merge tags, you will have to add it as a custom merge tag. However, this option is only available in Team and Enterprise plans.
For further information on adding and managing merge tags, please see Merge tags & Special links settings.
Note that you can only add the unsubscribe link by inserting a merge tag. If you type the syntax directly in the text block, some characters will be encoded upon export. As a result, Campaign Monitor will return an error when importing your template. This syntax will also be stripped by custom HTML blocks since the Beefree builder doesn't recognize it.
Also, note that the merge tag should have these properties:
- contain the word you want to turn into the unsubscribe link (e.g. "Unsubscribe" in the example shown above)
- have that word be at least 3 characters long (e.g. it could say "Remove me from this list")
- not contain a link: Campaign Monitor will automatically convert it into a link
- not be a text email unsubscribe link [unsubscribe]
- not be inside another Campaign Monitor tag
- not be inside another link (ie. an
Multiple Workspaces / Customers
Do you have different workspaces and need to easily manage all your emails and templates?
No problem! The Enterprise Version of Beefree allows you to set up different workspaces so you can better organize your email creation workflow. Enterprise allows you to specify different connectors for each workspace so you never need to switch accounts.
For example, say you are a digital marketing agency with 10 clients that use Campaign Monitor. With Enterprise, you will be able to create 10 workspaces in Beefree and connect each of them to their specific account.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.