Exporting your emails to HubSpot Marketing
This article applies to the Email builder in all BEE Pro plans.
Level Up your Emails in HubSpot
BEE is all about creating beautiful emails fast. By connecting your HubSpot and BEE Pro accounts, you can push your designs to HubSpot with the push of a button.
For you to set up the HubSpot connector, your Hubspot account settings need to include:
- A Marketing Hub Professional or Marketing Hub Enterprise HubSpot account
- All Admin permissions as well as the following User permissions in Marketing Access:
- Read, write, and publish access to Email
- Edit code templates & modules
- All the other permissions in the screenshot below
All set? Now you can choose to connect your accounts in one of the following ways:
- Connect your BEE and your Hubspot account before you start designing (from Workspace Settings)
- Connect the first time you need to send a specific template to HubSpot (from Export)
Setting up a connector does not sync your BEE Pro designs with external services. If you update a design in BEE Pro after exporting it, you must re-export to see the updates. The export file will populate as a new design inside your ESP.
1. Connect from Workspace Settings
Go to Settings > Connectors
Click the Connect button for Hubspot
And follow the steps to log in. BEE Pro does not store your credentials. They are just used to connect your accounts.
2. Connect from Export
When your email is ready, click on the Export button on the Email Details page.
And then click on Push to your sending system.
A new window will display the connectors list. Select Hubspot and follow the steps to connect it.
Log in to your Hubspot account, and your email will be available:
- As a template when creating a new email in Email > My templates
- As an HTML file in the HubSpot Design manager, in a dedicated folder called beepro.
HubSpot Required Content
HubSpot requires that you include certain variables in your email template. If any of the following are missing, you will receive an error:
Prints the company city (set in Content Settings > Email > Footer Information).
Prints the company name (set in Content Settings > Email > Footer Information).
Prints the company state (set in Content Settings > Email > Footer Information).
Prints the company address (set in Content Settings > Email > Footer Information).
Prints the URL of the page that allows recipients to manage subscription preferences.
We've preloaded the builder with this syntax so you can access it by default.
- To add all the info in your footer, use a pre-defined footer under Rows > HubSpot Footers.
- To add only the company's info in a text block, select the desired position and open the merge tags menu. You can also use the @ shortcut on your keyboard.
- To add only the unsubscribe link, first select the text that you want to use. Then click on Special links > HubSpot > Unsubscribe. Special links are also available in the sidebar when working with images and buttons.
You can add new HubSpot variables by adding new merge tags and special links to your workspace settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which version of HubSpot do I need?
You need HubSpot Marketing Hub Professional or higher.
HubSpot Marketing Hub Free and Starter do not support the features needed for BEE Pro to be able to "push" designs to your HubSpot account.
Is BEE Pro listed in the HubSpot integrations directory?
Yes, BEE Pro is officially listed in the HubSpot integrations directory.
You can find the official listing here.
I'm getting an error message saying I do not have the right permissions. What can I do?
You must be a Hubspot Admin or use Admin account credentials to set up the connector.
For more details about user account roles in HubSpot, check the HubSpot user permissions guide.
Multiple Workspace / Customers
Do you have different workspaces and need to easily manage all your email designs and templates?
No problem! The Enterprise Version of BEE Pro allows you to set up different workspaces to better organize your email creation workflow. Enterprise allows you to specify different connectors for each workspace, so you never need to switch accounts.
For example, say you are a digital marketing agency with ten clients that use HubSpot. With Enterprise, you can create ten workspaces in BEE Pro and connect them to their specific HubSpot account.
Looking for a different sending platform? You can check our complete list of connectors for BEE Pro — or request a new one!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Please sign in to leave a comment.