Managing project folders
BEE Pro becomes Beefree
We're still the same design suite you know and love, just with a new name. Our team is working hard to update our documentation, but you might still see some information or screenshots that are out of date.
This article applies to the Team and Enterprise plans.
Project folders help organize your designs. When you sign in to Beefree, you will land on the folder and design list for your account.
Creating a New Folder
Click Create new folder under the Projects tab. Enter a name and color code to help you recognize it in your folder list.
Enterprise users: To locate the option to add a new folder, you must first select a workspace.
By default, your folder list is sorted by the last update. As a result, the folder you've worked with most recently will populate at the top of this list. If desired, you can also choose to sort by name or creation date. There is also a search bar on this page that you can use to perform a Global search. This allows you to search for any folder or design by name.
Editing and Removing Folders
To edit or remove a folder, mouse over it and click on the Actions icon.
- Edit will take you back to the same window you use when creating a folder. Use this if you need to rename your folder or change the color associated.
- Delete will ask you whether you wish to remove the current folder. Note that this also will delete any designs the folder contains!
Copying and Moving Folders
This feature allows you to copy a folder. You can also copy or move a folder to a different workspace if you have an Enterprise account.
Once you select the option to copy your folder, a modal will open that walks you through the process.
For Enterprise subscribers interested in how to move a folder, take a look at this sample workflow:
1. Confirm that the folder you selected is indeed the folder you want to copy. Beefree also reminds you that the process can take some time and that the folder will be "locked" until it completes.
2. Select the destination workspace, then select Confirm.
3. You are all set! Remember that you may not be able to access either folder until the task has been completed.
As an optional fourth step, you can also delete the original version of the folder. We recommend this to prevent confusion among your users.
Bulk selection in Folders
You can perform actions in bulk from inside your folders. Just select one or all assets in the folder to move or delete them.
When you decide to delete one or more assets, you will be prompted to type the word 'DELETE' to confirm the action. Please note that there is no 'undo' button or bin where you can retrieve the assets after deletion.
If your goal is to reorganize your designs, you can move your assets in bulk. When you click Move to, you can choose a destination folder. If you have a lot of assets, you will see a temporary page while we are moving your content.
When the move is complete, you will also see the notification on the top bar in the notification center.
For more details on working with folders, please click here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.