Dec 2015 | Scheduled maintenance
Keep in mind that this documentation may be out of date. Our past updates remain available in our help center as a historical record. We've come a long way since 2014!
On December 27, 2015 we will be doing some scheduled maintenance from 8pm to 11pm Pacific Time on the BEE editor and its plugin.
All applications using the plugin - including beefree.io - will be affected.
The service will be temporarily unavailable during the maintenance window as our system undergoes some performance upgrades.
What will change?
We will be introducing important performance improvements to the BEE editor and its plugin:
- New, high performance AWS infrastrutture that's faster and more flexible.
- Architectural improvements to increase application stability and performance.
- Improvements to our internal software deployment system to dramatically reduce down times in future releases.
- Deployment of release 2.0.2 of the BEE editor, which introduces important improvements and bug fixes. A change log providing more details on this release will be published soon.
What will users of the BEE editor see?
While the service is unavailable, a maintenance page will be shown to those that access the BEE editor in your application or on beefree.io:
- this page is only shown if you link to BeePlugin.js (recommended implementation), not if you load the file as a local resource.
- the page will only be in English.
- the page will be visible only during the actual service unavailability, not during the entire maintenance period. We expect the actual down time to be around 30 minutes.
Minimizing impact on active users
Users that are already using the editor at the time the down time occurs (i.e. "active users"), will experience the editor not responding to certain actions. Some tasks (e.g. moving a content item) will work just fine, but others (e.g. loading a new image) will not respond.
To minimize impact and optimize their user experience, we recommend:
- Ensuring your implementation of BEE Plugin takes advantage of the Auto-save feature, so that the message is frequently auto-saved and no (or minimal) work is lost.
- Showing active users a courtesy message, in your application, that informs them of the maintenance window.
Why will beefree.io be affected too?
Because we are a user of BEE Plugin (on beefree.io) just like you. Any down time affects us too. No shortcuts.
Please let us know if you have any questions.