Collaboration: a teamwork tool to share, comment and approve emails and pages
The Collaboration tool
BEE Team and BEE Agency are all about teamwork.
The first teamwork-focused feature that we introduced months ago is the collaboration tool, which makes it easier and faster to get your emails and pages ready for prime time. It allows you and your colleagues or clients to share, comment, and approve your email campaigns and pages easily and quickly.
Is your email or page ready? Save time and headaches deciding if it is!
Collaboration is a workflow optimization tool that will save you time and headaches when trying to decide whether an email or page is ready to go.
It makes it easy to co-create your email campaigns and pages with the rest of your team, asking for sign-off, collecting feedback, and adding notes about the message design and copy seamlessly.
Starting a Collaboration Project
To launch the tool, view your email or page within a project and click on the Collaborate link in the actions menu.
You can also click on the same link in the Email/Page details section.
The Collaboration system will start in a new window and create a new project for that email or page. You will now be able to immediately share it and ask others to comment on it or add your own comments first.
When you share the project, you can add colleagues or clients to share it with, enter a personal note, and send the invitation to collaborate.
If you also want to notify them in a tool like Slack, Skype, etc., you can activate a shareable link, which you can then copy and paste where you wish.
Threads and Comments
Those invited to collaborate on the project will receive a simple email that asks them to get involved.
When they click on the link in the email, they navigate to a page where they can view the email or page and comment on it.
They can add their thoughts on an existing comment thread, or drop a pin on a specific area of the email or page (e.g. the logo at the top) to start a new thread (e.g. “The logo is not the right one. We should use…”).
No authentication is necessary to access the system (i.e. anyone with a link can access it), to keep things simple and fast.
A few more notes:
- View emails or pages in either Comment or Active mode. In Comment mode, all links are inactive: the email or page is actually just a screenshot of the real one.
- Individual comment threads can be "Resolved" when the issue being discussed has been addressed.
- Collaborators can easily turn on and off the visibility of resolved threads.
- When you edit an email or page based on the feedback received, the latest version of the email/page updates in the collaboration system once the user clicks again on Collaborate so stakeholders always see the latest version.
- Stakeholders invited to the project can choose whom to notify when they add a new comment.
- Projects can be approved even if not all comment threads have been resolved.
- Older projects can be archived.
We hope you enjoy collaborating with your colleagues and clients with these new features. We look forward to your feedback. Let us know what you think in the comments below!