Collaboration: a teamwork tool to share, comment and approve emails and pages
This article applies to both versions of the builder in the Team and Enterprise BEE Pro plans.
The collaboration tool allows you and your colleagues or clients to share, comment, and approve your email campaigns and pages easily and quickly.
Is your email or page ready? Save time and headaches deciding if it is!
Collaboration is a workflow optimization tool that will save you time and headaches when deciding whether an email or page is ready to go.
It makes it easy to co-create your email campaigns and pages with the rest of your team, asking for sign-off, collecting feedback, and adding notes about the design and copy seamlessly.
Starting a Collaboration Project
View your email or page and click on the Collaborate link in the actions menu to launch the tool.
You can also click on the same link in the Email/Page details section.
The Collaboration system will start in a new window and create a new project for that email or page. You will now be able to immediately share it and ask others to comment on it or add your own comments first.
When you share the project, you can add colleagues or clients to share it with, enter a personal note, and send the invitation to collaborate.
If you also want to notify them in a tool like Slack, Skype, etc., you can activate a shareable link to copy and paste where you wish.
Threads and Comments
Those invited to collaborate on the project will receive a simple email that asks them to get involved.
When they click on the link in the email, they navigate to a page where they can view the email or page and comment on it.
They can add their thoughts on an existing comment thread or drop a pin on a specific area of the email or page (e.g., the logo at the top) to start a new thread (e.g., “The logo is not the right one. We should use…”).
No authentication is necessary to access the system (i.e., anyone with a link can access it) to keep things simple and fast.
A few more notes:
- View emails or pages in either Comment or Active mode. In Comment mode, all links are inactive: the email or page is just a screenshot of the real one.
- Individual comment threads can be "Resolved" when the issue being discussed has been addressed.
- Collaborators can quickly turn on and off the visibility of resolved threads.
- When you edit an email or page based on the feedback received, the latest version of the email/page updates in the collaboration system once the user clicks again on Collaborate, so stakeholders always see the latest version.
- Stakeholders invited to the project can choose whom to notify when they add a new comment.
- Projects can be approved even if not all comment threads have been resolved.
- Older projects can be archived.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.