Editing image properties
This article applies to both versions of the builder in all BEE Pro plans.
When you insert an image or click on an image already present in the design, the Content Properties area of the builder will show you many settings. You can configure them and use the different tools available.
- Auto-width: if the image size is bigger than the box, this option is enabled automatically. You can switch it off if you want to resize it
- Align: you can align the image to the text
- Change image: Click on this button to open the file manager, where you can replace the image with a new one.
- Appy effects & more: Click on this button to load an image editing tool that allows you to resize the image, apply visual effects, and much more.
- URL: Specifies where the image is saved. You can also paste an external URL to load an image from there.
- Dynamic image: Toggle this setting ON or OFF to indicate whether your image is dynamic. Learn more about dynamic images.
- Auto width: Toggle this setting ON and OFF to automatically fill (ON) or not (OFF) the content area of the image.
- Align: Change the positioning of the image.
- Alternate text: Enter the text that should be displayed when images are turned off. This is a best practice in email design since there are still email clients that have images turned off by default.
- Action: You may link the image to a URL, to a new email in an email client, or to a telephone number for making a call or sending a text message. You can also link the image to a file that you previously uploaded through the builder’s file manager.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Hi there- when I upload a file from my computer into the file manager. Then use that file in my message, it will display as normal when editing. However, when I save and get the HTML doc, the image doesn't render. Any idea what might be going on?
Hi Kindra, notice that when you download the message it's a zip file that contains the HTML file and an image folder. You need to import or link those images to the HTML file depending on whether you've opened the HTML file in a program like Dreamweaver or imported the HTML file into your emailing software. We explain this in more detail on https://support.beefree.io/hc/en-us/articles/360004496232-How-to-use-external-images-in-your-message. Hope this clarifies things!
Hi, Is it possible to add custom functions along with existing toolbar like Copy, Copy from Word etc. ?
Hi Saranya, unfortunately this is not possible at this time.
Thanks for your reply. We are just plan to get Bee free silver plan. But we need some more functionalities like conditional block.
The conditional block means that text in the email content will display based on condition such as if the email id starts with 'aa', then display some content else don't display.
E.g.: [[IF ([!Email!] IS 'aa')]]everywhere [[ELSE]] [[END IF]].
1. If we are giving this as a change request to you after get the paid plan, is it possible for you to do it?
2. If yes, then ETA please???
3. And also we have some set of feature need to implement to the existing behaviour.
Is it possible for a paid user to add any custom function to Merge Tags, etc..
4. Is each change request is payable?
5. Also, is it possible to create custom template in HTML??
Hi Saranya, please contact us to discuss. Conditional statements is a feature that we are working on "as we speak", so you are catching us at a good time. With regard to everything else, let's discuss. https://beefree.io/contact-us/
Hi there, are you able to resize image containers less than the default 120px?
Hi there, thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, it is not possible to resize the image containers under 120 pixels. You can customize more your message by inserting an HTML block -using your own code may affect how the message is rendered. Make sure to use correct and responsive HTML.
Is there a way we can either add html code before our export or within the image setting that will add right click protection. It's extremely necessary for what I'm using the templates for.
Hello Ashanti. We are sorry but it's not possible to add HTML code before exporting the message with those options.
Please sign in to leave a comment.