May 2016 | Better social media component
Keep in mind that this documentation may be out of date. Our past updates remain available in our help center as a historical record. We've come a long way since 2014!
On May 31, 2016 we'll release a new version of the BEE editor. The software will be updated by 11am CET and will be automatically applied. No action on your part is required.
Here's a quick review of what's new.
Improved social media component
Title and alternate text
Sharing vs. following
- To ask people to follow you on that social network
- To ask readers to share the message using that social network
- You enter the URL to be shared, like in the example above.
- You enter a merge tag that will be replaced by whatever application will send the message... typically with the Web version of the email.
Since this second scenario is very popular, BEE adds a placeholder merge tag to the Url input field by default. The merge tag is called "ShareOn". Change it with whatever your merge tag your email service provider uses (or replace it programmatically yourself if you are embedding BEE into your application).
Spell check added
- Performance & maintenance improvements to the text editor
- Fixed an issue with uploading files where the name contained non-Latin characters
- Fixed an issue with the manual insertion of placeholders as text links
- Fixed an issue when deleting files with a % symbol in the name
- Fixed a Firefox incompatibility issue that resulted in not being able to sort social icons in the Social content panel
- Fixed a button width issue when the message width is modified
If you have any questions, please post in the comments below!